Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Princess Pirate Party

The Spring Break is over here...but I still feel that I need more spring break time! I am still exhausted with the party that we had on the weekend!

Over the weekend we celebrated my daughter's 6th birthday party. M wanted to be princess pirate.

Here's a few captured moments of the party that day! and the reason why I am still tired...


The Princess Pirate Cake





I didn't spend too much time on fancy decorations this time. On the table, besides the cake, we had  pirate ship and a treasure chest filled with jewels for decorations.







I got the templates for the birthday banner and  for these cute goody bags from nslittleshop If you are a Lalaloopsy fan like my daughter is - you must visit nslittleshop because she has so many lovely designs to choose from.

And pirate goody bags had these

Pirate bottle cap necklaces from PocaDotz.



Pirate toys from Party Packagers



Pirate clips for the girls from fairypatchboutique

Whats a party without loot?
I had a game where the kids had to fill boxes in 10 seconds  from a treasure chest
Since I love origami, I made these boxes for each pirate



A close up of the box


And how can we miss a treasure hunt?

10 easy rhyming clues for the kids was big hit.  The treasure to be won was a box filled with necklaces, rings and braclets. Each kid was allowed to pick one of the jewels. And seriously, it was fun to see them actually showing it off!



I also had a game for the moms of the pirates - Pass the booty just like passing the parcel. I had a box (another one of my origami boxes) that I put in a pair of earrings from my new collection for April 2012.





And I cannot imagine how my girls could party so long....from 6 pm to midnight...they were awake!



2 comments:

Roberta Warshaw said... Best Blogger Tips

I love the goody bags and all the origami boxes! What a party!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

My 4 year old is into princess pirates, too! Where does this come from? Such a cool idea to do this as a party theme - and I LOVE the idea that you included the moms, too! You should be a party planner!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...